If you are considering enhancing your smile through cosmetic dentistry, you’re likely exploring various options, including dental veneers. However, you might still be uncertain whether these custom-made shells are the right choice. At the Centre for Smile Designs, we prioritize ensuring our patients are well-informed and feel at ease with their dental choices. We are here to answer your questions and help you make the right choice. Keep reading to learn more about porcelain veneers.
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Veneers are a popular cosmetic treatment used to conceal imperfections like discoloration, chips, or other irregularities. This treatment is often used in more comprehensive smile makeovers.
Not to be confused with dental crowns, which are protective caps that surround the entire tooth, porcelain veneers are custom-made shells designed to cover the front surfaces of your teeth. The focus of veneers is to enhance the smile, while dental crowns primarily restore extensively damaged teeth due to decay or injury.
While veneers can be applied to just one tooth, we often recommend getting them in pairs for a more seamless look. Patients often opt for porcelain veneers to conceal discoloration or reshape their upper front teeth. They are also a suitable option if you have chipped or uneven teeth, gaps between teeth, or misshapen or short teeth. During your consultation, Dr. Hopkins will assess your teeth’s suitability for veneers to determine if you are a good candidate.
Planning for Your Procedure
Porcelain veneers are a permanent procedure, meaning your teeth will always need a covering to protect the natural tooth structure after the initial enamel preparation. During your first appointment, Dr. Hopkins will remove a small amount of enamel from your tooth. He will then take an impression of your mouth and send it to a dental laboratory to create your custom veneers.
When the final product is ready, Dr. Hopkins will ensure that the shells fit perfectly and look as expected. At your final visit, he may make some adjustments if needed. This includes trimming the shells for the perfect optimal shape and fit. Once all adjustments are complete, he will prepare them for cementation and adhere them to your teeth.
Why Should I Choose Dental Veneers?
At Centre for Smile Designs, our goal is to offer the best possible products for our patients. We provide porcelain veneers due to their enhanced durability and long-lasting quality. Compared to composite shells, porcelain veneers have a higher success rate. They are also more stain-resistant and more closely imitate the light reflection of natural teeth. Some of the other advantages of porcelain veneers include:
- Natural appearance: These shells are custom-made based on an impression taken by Dr. Hopkins. This precision ensures that your veneers closely mimic the natural look and feel of your teeth.
- Less invasive: The procedure to fit your porcelain veneers is less invasive than placing dental crowns. Typically, only 0.5 millimeters of enamel is removed from the front surface of your tooth.
- Simpler maintenance: Caring for your veneers is similar to caring for your natural teeth. We recommend regular brushing and flossing to help minimize plaque and tartar buildup. Routine dental visits are also essential to ensure their longevity.
- More durable: With strong oral hygiene, porcelain veneers will stay radiant. And, with proper care, they can last up to 15 years.
- Customizable: Porcelain shells allow you to choose how your smile will look. You can choose the most appealing shape, size, and shade. This procedure gives you control over your ideal smile!
Various options exist for concealing smile imperfections, but porcelain veneers offer the best results. While other options may come at a lower cost, they tend to look artificial if not properly tailored to your teeth. Porcelain veneers are the most realistic-looking and durable solution.
Enhance Your Smile at Centre For Smile Designs
With over 25 years of experience, Dr. John Hopkins is esteemed for his exceptional patient-centered care and dedication to cosmetic dentistry. As a prominent veneer dentist at the Centre for Smile Designs, his primary objective is to curate the ideal smile for each patient.
Don’t wait to embrace a more radiant smile. Contact us today to discover how we can transform your smile!